Friday, July 24, 2009

How to dress up a cupcake

Sometimes I like to dress up a boring cupcake made from a boxed cake mix (check out the Cake Doctor for ideas) but sometimes I don't have time and I just wip up the cake mix and dump it into the cupcake tin. Well since I like to wow people with the stuff I make just a little I can't just throw some frosting on top and go where's the fun in that. So here is an easy way to dress up your cupcakes without spending to much time. If you don't have a cake decorating kit, but like to decorate you can get a basic kit from walmart for $10 (that is the it that I have). My favorite cake decrating tip is the star tip. I just covered the cupcake with stars added some sprinkles and people think you spent a lot of time and that you are supermom.
This are some cupcakes I made for a 4th of July BBQ. I tinted the frosting blue and added a little bit of red sprinkles and I got instant firecracker cupcakes.

THe fancy frosting job doesn't really make the cupcake taste better, but people seem to think they are the best cupcakes ever.

1 comment:

Tawnya said...

SOOO CUTE! Thanks for the idea!