Friday, February 12, 2010

Wild about Lil Blue Boo Dharma Trading Design Challenge

Between a broken sewing machine and lost fabric scissors I finally finished my entry for the Lil Blue Boo Dharma Trading Design Challenge. It's just in time for valentines day, Addi wore it to take valentines to daddy's work today.
I started with 2 dollar shirts from a thrift store, a grey knit skirt picked up for a quarter at a going out of business sell and some fabric paint.
And this is what I got a wild heart dress perfect for a wild little girl on valentines day.
Part of the challenge is that you have to use some sort of embellishment technique. I used 2 one was stenciling the hearts onto the grey knit and the second was appliqueing the hearts.
This dress is great for a game of peek-a-boo on a snowy day,
or perhaps trying to caught the sun rays as they come through the window.
Maybe a little jumping on the bed.
Even the dog can join in.
Perfect for those valentine hugs
or a nice little walk outside.

Hope you enjoy my dress I had a lot of fun creating it and I learned a lot. The basic design was taken from LBB sienna pattern with my own little twist. Ashley's patterns are great and she give lots of tips so they are perfect for the beginning sewer. To make things a little easier I used as many of the already done hems from the shirts that I could. If the hard part is already done for you why not use it. I have another entry using her new leggings pattern that I hope to get done before Monday so stay tune.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Super cute, Jess!!

Susan said...

It turned out ADORABLE Jessica!