Friday, February 4, 2011

Be Mine Valentine-American Crafters

Week one of American Crafters was Be Mine Valentine. When I found out this weeks theme I immediately thought of 'my valentine'. I was excited, because how often do I craft with my husband in mind? Face it like the rest of my life my crafting revolves around my kids. So I came up with this fun piece inspired by my husband and our love.



Do to sickness and the ridiculous amount of snow we have been getting I had to get creative and use only things which I already had (which I'm sure my husband appreciated). My mom has been into mix-media art lately , so I thought I would have a go at it. The background is a piece of cardboard with the wrapping ripped off to expose the corrugation, giving it more texture. Then I just started adding things until I felt it showed my vision.
I used the quote "Every Love Story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite" to create a art peice representing "Our Love Story". I used pictures that will remind us of different chapters in our Love Story.

I used lots of different media including crochet, paper, material, and even scabble letters.

I love vintage valentines they seem so romantic. My husband definitely holds the key to my heart.

This is my favorite section. I just love the little birds aren't they so cute? I added a clothes pin where my husband and I can put love notes to each other. Those flowers are made out of crepe paper. I love it you can make tons of flowers out of one roll of crepe paper that costs $1 for a 2 pack at the dollar store.

I paired it with these cute yarn pom poms. Do you think I have been a little pom pom crazy lately? I bought a pom pom maker which makes it even easier. I will have to show you all sometime.
If you love this as much as I do head over to American Crafter and vote for it.

Linking up here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am your newest follower and I love this! Thank you for sharing. I have had to do the same thing this week and improvise with stuff I had at home due to the weather. Stop on by my blog at http://alaynahoward.blogspot.com

Ashley Tremaine said...

Hello...thanks so much for the comment. Well, you were a great competitor!! I wish we could have made it farther...:(

Krista said...

You have a great blog so...You are a winner of the Stylish Blogger Award!
You can pick up your award along with the instructions on my blog.
Congratulations! -Krista
http://momsmishmash.blogspot.com
PS: I am one of your followers- hope you will follow me.