Monday, April 11, 2011

Chalkboard Backdrop

I also do a little photography on the side Mommy Creations Photography and love to find new ideas to jazz up indoor portraits. So, for my sons 6 month pictures I decided to make a Chalkboard backdrop.
I went to the local hardware store and picked up a 3 feet by 4 feet board. Mine happened to be whiteboard material on one side. So I took it home and painted the opposite side with chalkboard paint.
It was that easy just a couple of coats of paint and I had a double sided photo backdrop.
I use it to write stats on so I can remember how big he was and specific milestones he had reached. I also used it for the backdrop of my crocheted bracelets found here and I used the white side as a backdrop here.

Linking here

7 comments:

annies home said...

great way to keep a growing with me scrapbook love the idea

Elizabeth said...

What a fun idea! Is that rich hardwood floor just what is in your house or is there a trick to that too?

Nancy4004 said...

Awesome idea....thanks for sharing! You are very creative and talented.

CMV Photography said...

how much did it cost for the board and the paint?

maria said...

What a cool idea!

CLICKME said...

An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a co-worker who was doing a little homework on this. And he actually bought me dinner simply because I discovered it for him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending some time to talk about this topic here on your web site.

야한소설

BESTSITE said...

Great article! We will be linking to this particularly great article on our website. Keep up the good writing.

안마